NSX-T - Configuring Tier-0 Static routing with HA VIP
NSX-T supports BGP, OSPF and Static routes for North-South routing.
In a previous post, I covered NSX-T OSPF routing:
For this post, I will be configuring Tier-0 Static routing with HA VIP.
The diagram below shows the high-level configuration for the Lab:
I am using a pair of virtual machines running FRRouting as the routers for the Lab.
VLAN 30 is configured with 10.0.30.253 interface VRRP is configured - Master
VLAN 30 is configured with 10.0.30.254 interface VRRP is configured - Backup
VRRP VIP 10.0.30.1
1. Create a VLAN segment that will be used for the uplinks between the T0 and the FRR routers for VLAN 30:
2. Create an Active/Standby Tier-0:
3. Create the interfaces for the Tier-0 gateway. Each Edge Node VM has a single uplink interface:
4. Add the Static route, I am using the default route. Set the next hop to the VRRP IP, 10.0.30.1:
5. Set a HA VIP:
6. On the FRRouting VMs, add a static route for any overlay networks to the HA VIP 10.0.30.100:
Thanks for reading.